Pickling beetroot salad with onions for the winter
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 175 minutes
This can be served as a separate dish or added to other salads or soups. Beetroot is first boiled and then prepared in vinegar with onions and spices. Poured into sterilized jars, this beetroot salad will be enjoyed all winter long.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 1¹⁄₂ kg beetroot
- 500 g onions
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 10 g salt
- ¹⁄₂ tsp paprika, ground
- ¹⁄₂ tsp black pepper
- 70-80 g sugar
- 50 ml vinegar, 9%
- Heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Cutting board
- Julienne cutter
- Sterilized jars
- Put the beets in a saucepan and cook until tender, about 2 hours.
- Let cool and peel.
- Use a julienne cutter to cut into strips or grate coarsely.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion.
- Add the salt, paprika, pepper and sugar to the onions.
- Add the beetroot and mix well.
- Set the stove to high and cook the vegetables, stirring, until 20 Cook for minutes.
- Add the vinegar and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Spread the lettuce into sterilized jars, seal tightly and turn upside down.
- Cover with something warm and leave to cool.
- Beetroot lettuce Store in a cool place .