Pickled beets with cloves and vinegar for the winter
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
Boiled and pickled in vinegar water, this beetroot recipe is very simple. Served as a starter or as an accompaniment to salads or other dishes, these beetroots in sterilized jars can be used throughout the winter.
Please review recipe:
- 1 kg beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 1 l water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 buds of cloves
- 8-10 corns of black pepper
- 70 ml vinegar , 9%
- Boil the beetroot until tender.
- Let the vegetables cool.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into small pieces.
- Boil the water with the salt, sugar, bay leaves, cloves and peppercorns.
- The Boil the liquid for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beets to the same saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the vinegar and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Spread the beets into sterilized jars along with the marinade.
- Close tightly with lids.
- Turn the jars upside down and let them cool under a blanket.
- You should get about a liter and a half.
- Pickled beetroot for the winter can be used both as a starter and as an accompaniment to others dishes are served.
- Cooking pot
- Sterilized glasses