Pickled beetroot in wine vinegar marinade with honey
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 775 minutes
An unusual snack with a piquant taste that goes perfectly with meat and other dishes. Beetroot is first baked in the oven and then cooled in the marinade. This creates an interesting appetizer that requires little effort.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 600 g beetroot
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- herbs, to taste
- salt, to taste
- baking sheet
- cutting board
- Cut the beetroot into pieces 1.5 cm thick.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the beetroot in a single layer.
- Drizzle with half the oil.
- Beetroot at around 200°C Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Turn the pieces halfway through.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- For the marinade, mix the other half of the oil with the vinegar, honey and garlic.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool.
- Put in a bowl and pour the marinade over it.
- Sprinkle the chopped herbs on top, salt and mix well.
- Close the bowl with a lid.
- Leave the beets in the fridge for about 12-14 hours.
- Preserves Serve beetroot as an appetizer or snack.
For a more intense taste, beetroot can be left in the marinade longer.