Oven baked chicken thighs with wine and onion sauce
Lightly browned, they taste simply delicious after cooking with an onion-wine sauce. A hint of the subtle rosemary aroma gives the dish a wonderful touch. Served with a favorite side dish, this chicken makes a great meal for both lunch and dinner.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 4 votes )
- 5-6 chicken thighs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Poultry seasoning, to taste
- 4-5 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter, or vegetable oil
- 3-4 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 360 ml white wine, dry
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary
- 120 ml chicken stock
- lemon juice, to taste
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the spices and coat in flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin-side down .
- Fry the meat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn and cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place in a casserole dish.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the chopped onions to the Sauté in the same pan for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Cook the vegetables for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the wine into the pan.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring.
- Mustard, rosemary and the Add the broth.
- Let the whole thing come to a boil.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- If the pan is suitable for the oven, simply return the chicken to the pan.
- Leave the chicken thighs for 25-30 minutes Bake at 180°C.
- Chicken thighs lightly sprinkle with Zit Drizzle with lemon juice.
- cutting board
- casserole dish
- frying pan