Original cheese roll filled with minced chicken and mushrooms
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 62 minutes
This recipe is really unique. Delicious cheese roll with a golden cheese crust and a juicy meat filling is not only unusual. It is also very tasty and is perfect for a festive menu.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 300g Gouda cheese, or Emmentaler
- 3 eggs
- 300g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 400g chicken mince
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- baking sheet
- cutting board
- garlic press
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Roughly grate the cheese and mix it with the eggs in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and smooth it out.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- In the meantime, peel the onion and garlic.
- Dice the mushrooms and onion into small cubes.
- Press the garlic through the garlic press.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Onion for 2-3 minutes Fry until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the heat and mix with the minced meat.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cooking tray with the cheese layer Remove from the oven.
- Put the minced meat mixture on the warm cheese layer and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Roll everything into a tight roll and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Put the cheese roll in the oven and bake at the same temperature for 30-40 minutes .
- Anch let the cheese roll cool down a bit, remove from the foil and cut into pieces.