New York Cheesecake with Cherries | Cheesecake with Philadelphia and chocolate topping
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 550 minutes
This delicate New York tastes heavenly. American cheesecake with Philadelphia cream cheese is incredibly tasty and tender. With a topping of chocolate and fresh cherries, it is perfectly balanced.
Please review recipe:
- 130 g butter biscuits
- 80 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g flour
- 450 g sugar
- 15 g vanilla sugar
- 250 g sour cream
- 1500 g cream cheese, e.g. Philadelphia
- 5 eggs
- 300 g couverture
- 200 g cherries, fresh
- In a blender or food processor, grind the shortbread biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Add the butter, 2 tablespoons sugar and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Grease a 26 cm springform pan with butter.
- Fluff up the crumbs spread over the cake base and press down firmly with a glass base.
- Wrap the springform pan with 2-3 layers of aluminum foil and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Bake the biscuit base in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes until golden brown. Let the base cool for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor or with a mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese.
- Add the flour, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add the dry mixture in portions to the cheese mixture and blend in with the mixer Work in at low speed.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Beat 5 eggs one after the other and stir everything into an airy and homogeneous cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheese filling onto the slightly cooled cake base.
- Place the cheesecake tin on a baking tray and bake for approx. Pour 2 liters of boiling water into the pan, so that the water reaches halfway up the springform.
- Bake the New York Cheesecake at 180°C for 45 minutes and then at 160°C for a further 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake to cool with the oven door open for 1 hour.
- New York Cheesecake Let stand at room temperature for another 1 hour and then place in the fridge for 6-8 hours.
- Heat the couverture and cover the Distribute cheesecake.
- Top with fresh cherries and serve.
This can be baked with quark, ricotta, mascarpone and other types of cream cheese.
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Springform pan
- Cake lifter