Mole cake with whipped cream, bananas and chocolate sprinkles
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 185 minutes
A mole cake is very easy and quick to bake. The cake tastes chocolaty, creamy and sweet. The wet chocolate base, bananas and whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles is a great combination.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 110 g butter, softened
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 ml milk
- 400-450 ml whipping cream, cold
- 2 p. Cream stiffener
- 2 p. Vanilla sugar
- Lemon flavouring, optional
- 100 g chocolate sprinkles
- 2-3 bananas
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Flour sieve
- Springform pan
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a 24 cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and baking cocoa.
- Stir the butter with the sugar and vanilla sugar until creamy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Mix to form an even batter.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Bake the cake at 175 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- Hollow out the bottom of the cake with a spoon, leaving a border all around.
- Pour the cake crumbs into a bowl.
- Whip the cold cream with the vanilla sugar, cream stiffener and lemon flavor until stiff.
- Fold in the chocolate sprinkles.
- Halve the bananas lengthways.
- Lay them next to each other on the cake base.
- Apply the cream in mounds.
- Sprinkle the cake crumbs evenly on top and the molehill is ready.
- Put the mole cake in the fridge for 2 hours.
Instead of bananas, the mole cake can also be prepared with strawberries or cherries.