Mole cake with bananas, whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
The mole cake is a sophisticated chocolate cake with bananas and whipped cream. The chocolatey crumbs deftly cover the fluffy whipped cream and bananas, making the cake look like a molehill.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 170 g margarine
- 160 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 p. Baking powder
- 350 g flour
- 4 tbsp baking cocoa
- 150 g milk
- 3 bananas
- 500 g whipped cream
- 2 p. Cream stiffener
- 50 g sugar
- 1 p. vanilla sugar
- 50 g chocolate sprinkles
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- springform pan
- Mix the margarine with the sugar.
- Add the eggs and continue to stir.
- Sieve in the baking powder, flour and cocoa powder and pour in the milk.
- Stir everything to form an even dough.
- Pour the dough into a springform pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake the chocolate cake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for approx. 30-40 minutes.
- Use a spoon to hollow out the base of the cooled cake, leaving a rim on the base.
- Crumble the crumbs finely and open for the topping Pick up the cake.
- Peel the bananas and halve lengthways.
- Place the bananas next to each other on the cake base.
- Whip the cream with the whipped cream stiffener, sugar and vanilla sugar until stiff.
- Add the chocolate sprinkles.
- Pour the cream Spread the bananas in a dome shape.
- Spread the cake crumbs over the cake.
- Place the mole cake in the fridge for 2 hours.
You can also fill the mole cake with tangerines instead of bananas! The cream can also be combined well with quark (1:1)