Moist chocolate cake with cottage cheese and cherries
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
The intense flavors of dark chocolate, a delicate layer of quark and sweet and sour berries create the perfect trio. This moist chocolate cake with cottage cheese and cherries is simply delicious. Layered on top of each other, the pastries get an unusual appearance and an excellent taste. If guests are expected spontaneously, this recipe is simply brilliant. Because within just one hour, a wonderful dessert can be conjured up here, which is definitely something to be proud of.
Please review recipe:
- 400g cherries, frozen or fresh, pitted
- 200g dark chocolate
- 120g butter, + extra for brushing
- 5 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 300g Quark
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Will use frozen cherries, thaw first and drain in a colander.
- Break chocolate into chunks and place in a heatproof bowl along with the butter.
- Melt over water bath, whisk until smooth.
- Let cool .
- Mix the vanilla sugar, salt, 3 eggs and 50 g sugar well with the mixer.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix well with the mixer.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Quark, the remaining eggs and mix remaining sugar in another bowl.
- Pour ¹⁄₃ of the chocolate batter into an oiled baking dish.
- Spread half of the curd mixture on top.
- Sprinkle half of the cherries on top.
- Repeat the layers once more.
- Place the remaining third of the batter on the last layer of cherries.
- Put the baking pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 40-50 minutes at 180 °C.
- Take the chocolate cake out of the oven and serve with tea or coffee.
In order for the quark mixture to be soft and homogeneous, it is best to first rub the quark through a sieve.
- baking pan