Mini quiches with ham, tomatoes and cheese
Portions: 5 persons | Preparation: 150 minutes
These small, tasty mini quiches with ham, cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs are ideal for a cold buffet or as finger food at a party. They can also be served as a light, incredibly delicious dinner. The mini quiches have a delicious, juicy filling and the fresh basil gives the small quiches a pleasant, fragrant aroma.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 300-400 g cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 80 g ham
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 180 g flour + some for dusting
- 100 g butter
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 6 egg yolks
- 1-2 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml whipped cream
- ¹⁄₂ bunch of basil
- kitchen scale
- measuring cup
- baking sheet
- cutting board
- rolling pin
- 10 tartlet liners
- baking paper
- egg whisk
- pasting brush
Prepare the dough
- In a bowl, mix the flour with half a spoonful of salt.
- Add cold butter, cut into chunks.
- Rub into crumbles with your hands.
- Add water and 1 egg yolk.
- All until smooth, don’t knead any more sticky dough.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Flat it slightly.
- Wrap it in cling film.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool.
- Dust a work surface with some flour.
- Roll out the dough thinly with a rolling pin.
- Using a large mug, cut out 10 circles with a diameter of 7-8 cm.
- Put the circles of dough into 10 greased Tartelettes ramekins.
- Pull up an edge.
- Line the ramekins with baking paper .
- Put dry beans or rice in the molds so that the shells keep the shape of a tartlet while baking.
- Put the tartlets in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool down.
- Then bake in the oven at 200°C for about 10 minutes .
- The baking paper with d Remove the beans or rice.
- Bake the tartelettes for a further 5 minutes until crispy.
- Take them out of the oven.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg white with a whisk.
- Brush the tartelettes with it so that the filling does not stick to them become moist but stay crispy.
Prepare the filling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the tray.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper .
- Bake in the oven for approx. 20-25 minutes and allow to cool.
- Dice the ham finely.
- Grate the cheese on a grater.
- Mix half of the grated cheese with the ham.
- Put the filling into the Arrange the tartlets.
- Put the baked tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, mix the 3 eggs, remaining egg yolks, cream and black pepper well with a whisk.
- Mix in the chopped basil.
- The egg mixture Spoon over the mini quiches.
- The mini -Bake the quiches at 200°C for 20-25 minutes in the oven until light brown.
- Serve the mini quiches with a ham, tomato and herb filling lukewarm or cold.