Minced meat, mint and garlic bifteki stuffed with feta
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
These meatballs with a delicious filling of feta cheese with lemon juice and cayenne pepper are a classic of Greek cuisine and are called bifteki in Greece. They are fried both in a pan and on a grill. The mint added to the minced meat gives the dish a particularly piquant, fresh note.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 kg ground beef, mixed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp dried mint
- ½ tsp oregano, ground
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g feta
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- kitchen scale
- cutting board
- garlic press
- frying pan
- Peel the garlic and finely chop or press through a garlic press.
- Crush the dried mint as well.
- Mix the minced meat with the garlic, mint, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil and mix well.
- The minced meat put in the fridge for 1-1.5 hours to steep.
- Crush the feta together with the lemon juice and cayenne pepper in the blender.
- Divide the resulting cheese mixture into 8 portions.
- Form each portion into a ball.
- The minced meat also divide into 8 portions.
- Press each portion flat in your hand to form a flatbread.
- Add 1 small ball of feta filling and seal on all sides with the minced meat.
- Bifteki shape slightly and place on a plate.
- Fry the bifteki in a pan or on the grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown.
A coleslaw or the classic Greek farmer’s salad goes well with the Bifteki. The bifteki with sauce and pita bread taste incredibly delicious.