Meatballs with onions and lemon peel in a creamy sauce
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 30 minutes
Flavorful meatballs in a delicious creamy sauce. The special thing about these meatballs is the lemon peel that is added to the minced meat and gives it a unique taste.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- ½ onion
- 1 lemon
- 900 g mince
- 1 egg
- 60 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 100-120 ml sparkling mineral waterб
- 4 tbsp butter
- 160 ml cream
- frying pan
- aluminium foil
- flour sieve
- Peel the onion and grate it on a coarse grater.
- Zest the lemon, a teaspoon is enough.
- Sieve the flour.
- Mix the minced meat with the onion, lemon zest, egg, sifted flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the mineral water and mix well again.
- Shape the minced meat into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the meatballs on all sides until crispy. This should take about 20 minutes.
- The larger the balls, the longer they will take to cook.
- Place the meatballs on a preheated plate and cover with foil.
- Pour the heavy cream into the same pan you used the meatballs were also seared.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, remove from heat and pour over the meatballs.