Meatballs with chicken, beetroot and potatoes
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 190 minutes
Poultry meatballs with beetroot and potatoes taste unusual and very tasty. The addition of root vegetables creates a slight sweetness in the taste, which gives the dish a special flavor. You have to bring a certain amount of time to prepare it, but the result is all the better for it. Beets, potatoes and chicken must be cooked beforehand. The ingredients are then crushed and mixed together. Shape into patties and fry in hot oil. Served with a salad or with a side dish of your choice, the dish will convince absolutely everyone with its taste.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 beetroot
- 2 potatoes
- 500 g chicken breast fillet
- 1 piece ginger, small
- 1 clove garlic
- 3-4 sprigs coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt, to taste
- chilli powder, to taste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- cutting board
- frying pan
- garlic press
- Place the beets in a saucepan, pour water over them, and cook for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, add the potatoes and chicken to the saucepan as well.
- Cook in the cooking water for about 20-25 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Let cool.
- Peel all the vegetables.
- Finely grate the ginger and beetroot.
- Prepare half a teaspoon of ginger.
- Chop the chicken with the knife, mash the potatoes into a puree.
- Garlic through a press Squeeze, chop the coriander.
- Mix the cooked vegetables, meat, garlic, ginger and coriander in a bowl.
- Add the garam masala, salt, pepper and cumin, mix again.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs.
- Oil Heat in a pan, fry the meatballs on both sides until crispy.
- Serve the meatballs with a salad or a side dish of your choice.
The meatballs taste delicious with a dollop of sour cream or fresh herb yoghurt.