Meatballs in wine sauce from the oven
Portions: 3 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
The meatballs not only complement each other in the soup, they also act very well as a main course. First fry in the pan and then bake in the oven. A sauce with onions, carrots and white wine gives the meatballs a tender texture and a delicious aroma.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 20 votes )
- 30 g white bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 onions
- ⅓ cup milk
- 500 g minced meat
- 1 egg
- parsley, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour, + for meatballs
- ½ glass dry white wine
- 2 cups water
- cutting board
- transparent film
- Soak the bread in the milk.
- Finely chop the garlic and 1 onion.
- Mix the minced meat with the garlic and onions.
- Add the bread, milk, egg and chopped parsley to the meat.
- Season with salt and mix again.
- Wrap or cover the minced meat in cling film and place in the fridge for approx. 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce: heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan, add 2 finely chopped onions.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes .
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots.
- Add the carrots and flour to the saucepan with the onions, mix and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the wine and water into the saucepan.
- Salt and cook for another 10 minutes allow to simmer.
- Stir until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- When the sauce has cooled, beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Form the minced meat into small meatballs.
- Roll the meatballs in flour and use the remaining oil in a pan Roast.
- Place the meatballs in a casserole dish and pour over the sauce.
- Place the meatballs in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.