Mashed potatoes with milk, butter and nutmeg
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 30 minutes
Classic mashed potatoes! You don’t need much to prepare this delicious side dish – from freshly boiled potatoes, butter and milk. Matched with salt, pepper and nutmeg, mashed potatoes are the world’s easiest side dish.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.7 out of 5 stars ( 19 votes )
- 1 kg potatoes, floury
- 100 g butter
- 100 ml milk
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- chives, or parsley
- potato peeler
- hand blender
- Peel the potatoes, cut in half and cook in a saucepan for approx. 20 minutes.
- Heat the milk and butter in a saucepan.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Mash the potatoes, add the butter-milk- Stir in the mixture and whip everything into a puree.
- Before serving, garnish the mashed potatoes with chives and serve warm.
Fish patties and minced pork patties go very well with mashed potatoes.