Marzipan stollen with raisins, candied fruit and nuts
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 220 minutes
A wonderful homemade marzipan stollen baked with candied fruits and nuts. The marzipan makes it really juicy and delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 400 g marzipan paste
- 120 ml cognac
- 350 g raisins
- 250 g nuts, chopped
- 250 g candied fruit
- 1 kg wheat flour
- 60 g yeast
- 500 ml milk
- 180 g sugar
- 400 g butter, softened
- cinnamon, optional
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 100 g butter
- food processor
- kitchen brush
- rolling pin
- icing sugar shaker
- Soak the raisins in cognac.
- Chop the candied fruit and nuts into small pieces.
- Crumble up the fresh yeast in a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Sieve in 250 g flour.
- Pour in a small amount of warm milk.
- Process everything into a yeast dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining milk to the dough.
- Add the sugar.
- Pour in the melted butter.
- Add the remaining flour.
- Add the cognac from the raisins.
- Add the candied fruit and nuts.
- Lightly flour the raisins and add to the remaining ingredients.
- Knead the dough, cover and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the Take the bowl and knead on a floured work surface.
- Cut the dough in half and roll out into a square (20 x 25 cm) 1 cm thick.
- Form the marzipan into a roll.
- Place the marzipan roll in the middle of the long side of the yeast dough.
- Roll up from the long sides toward the center and pinch the edge firmly.
- Place the stollen on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Grush with warm water and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Bake the marzipan stollen at 200 degrees for approx. 60 minutes.
- Take the stollen out of the oven and immediately brush with the melted butter .
- Let the Stollen cool down and sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
The cleats best packed infuse 1 week. Span>