Make your own eggnog with rum and vanilla
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 145 minutes
Everyone probably knows eggnog. This recipe shows that this drink can be easily prepared at home. Mix the ingredients together, heat on a water bath with the egg yolks and the eggnog is ready. It has a subtle vanilla flavor and is quite thick, velvety and incredibly delicate.
Please review recipe:
- 200 ml milk
- 200 ml cream
- 200 g powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 250 ml white rum
- Mix the milk, cream, half the powdered sugar and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and heat the mixture well, stirring constantly.
- Be careful not to let it boil.
- Pot Remove from the heat and leave to stand for a while.
- During this time, whisk the egg yolks and the remaining powdered sugar with a whisk.
- Pour the cooled cream mixture through a fine sieve over the whisked egg yolks.
- Mix everything well.
- Bowl with the mixture Place in a pot of boiling water.
- In a water bath, use a whisk to beat for about 5-8 minutes until you have a slightly thickened creamy consistency.
- Be careful not to let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Remove the bowl from the water bath, add the rum and mix well.
- Immediately decant the hot eggnog into a bottle and seal tightly with a lid.
- Let the eggnog cool down and serve.
Store the eggnog in the refrigerator.