Make classic American corn dogs yourself
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 25 minutes
Corn dogs are a popular American fast food that you can easily make at home. Corn dogs are sausages coated in corn dough that are fried and served on wooden skewers. Corn dogs can be enjoyed both hot and cold.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 100g wheat flour
- 100g cornmeal
- ¹⁄₂ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¹⁄₃ tsp salt
- ¹⁄₂ tsp sugar
- 60ml milk
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 sausages
- wooden skewers
- paper towels
- Set aside a spoonful of flour on a plate.
- Mix the rest of the flour with baking powder, salt and sugar.
- First add the egg and then the milk and mix well.
- Pour the oil into the deep fryer and turn on Heat to 150-170 °C.
- Roll the sausages briefly in flour, place on wooden skewers and dip in the corn dough.
- The sausages must be covered with batter on all sides.
- Fry the sausages in the fryer, turning constantly, so they brown evenly.
- Dab the finished corn dogs with paper towels to remove excess oil and serve with a salad or chili sauce.
To coat the sausages evenly with the batter, you can pour the corn dough into a glass and dip the sausages in the glass. It’s more convenient that way!