Light layered cake made of biscuit and sour cream with Raffaello
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
The airy biscuit base and the refreshing sour cream are a wonderful combination in this layered cake. Two different colored biscuits and the crumbs look fantastic in this cake. The Raffaello chocolates complement the cake visually.
Please review recipe:
- 250 g sugar
- 8 eggs
- 300 g flour
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- vanilla, to taste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 400 g sour cream
- 400 g whipped cream
- 1 Pack Raffaello
Prepare the batter
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until fluffy.
- Stir the sugar with the egg yolks, salt and vanilla until creamy.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir the egg whites into the batter.
- Divide the dough into 2 halves. Stir in the cocoa powder into one half.
- Preheat the oven, line the 26 cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Bake both halves of the dough individually at 190 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes and allow to cool.
- Cut the bases horizontally and light and dark ones Grate the crumbs and set aside.
Prepare the cream
- Whip the chilled whipped cream until stiff.
- Mix the sour cream with the crushed Raffaellos.
- Stir the whipped cream into the cream.
Assemble the cake
- Put the cream alternately on the cake bases Spread ( light and dark ), start with the light base.
- The last base and the edges of the cake also spread with the cream.
- Mix the light and dark crumbs and spread on the cake, pressing down lightly.
- With the rest Raffaello balls decorate the cake.
If desired, Giotto balls can also be used.
- hand mixer
- 2 springform pans
- baking paper
- cake dividers
- kitchen spatula