Light buttermilk cake with vanilla and powdered sugar
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
It tastes soft and fluffy. The cake is prepared quickly and is perfect for a spontaneous visit. You can enjoy the cake with coffee or milk.
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.9 out of 5 stars ( 9 votes )
- 5 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 200 ml buttermilk, or kefir
- 450-500 g flour
- 1 cup baking powder
- icing sugar, to taste
- 50 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- Crack the eggs in a bowl.
- Scrape out the vanilla pod.
- Mix the sugar, vanilla pulp and pinch of salt in a small bowl and add to the egg mixture in portions.
- Mix well.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix again .
- Add the buttermilk and stir in well.
- Sieve the flour and mix with the baking powder.
- Stir the flour into the egg mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a springform pan with baking paper and pour in the batter.
- The buttermilk cake approx. 40 Bake at 350F for minutes.
- Remove finished cake from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Add sugar to saucepan.
- Cover with water and cook over low-medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly .
- Soak the buttermilk cake in the syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- hand mixer
- flour sieve
- springform pan
- mixing spoon
- kitchen brush