Lemon muffin cupcakes with mascarpone frosting
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
Lemon muffin cupcakes taste wonderfully refreshing. The mascarpone frosting ensures great summer taste happiness! Lemon cupcakes are moist and deliciously lemony.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 125 g wheat flour
- 100 g sugar
- 90 ml buttermilk
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, organic
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- vanilla sugar
- 120 g mascarpone
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Citrus grater
- Citrus juicer
- Hand mixer
- Muffin tin
- Paper cases
- Piping bag with star nozzle
Prepare the muffin batter
- Mix the flour, sugar and semolina in a bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar.
- Rinse the lemon under hot water and grate the zest on a very fine grater.
- Squeeze the lemon juice out of the lemon using a citrus press.
- Mix the grated lemon zest in a bowl.
- Add the buttermilk to the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the mixture.
- Beat the egg and add the dry ingredients, mixing well together.
- A muffin tin with Line 8 paper cups and fill ¾ full with the batter.
- Bake the lemon muffins at 220 degrees for approx. 15-20 minutes and leave to cool.
Prepare the mascarpone frosting
- In a bowl, beat the mascarpone and cold whipped cream to a thick cream.
- Stir in the icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Fill the mascarpone frosting into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Pipe the frosting onto the lemon muffins.
- The lemon cupcakes garnish with grated lemon zest and serve chilled.