Lemon cake with lemon glaze in a loaf pan
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
A lemon cake with a refreshing lemony taste goes perfectly with a cozy afternoon coffee. The cake tastes super fluffy and moist. The lemon glaze completes the cake perfectly.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 120 g butter, softened
- 100 g sugar
- 120 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 1 packet of baking powder
- Hand mixer
- Citrus grater
- Citrus squeezer
- Loaf pan
- Mix the softened butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Then sift in the flour and stir well.
- Zest a lemon and squeeze out the juice.
- Stir both into the batter.
- Add the baking powder and stir everything into a homogeneous batter.
- Line the loaf tin with baking paper and fill in the batter.
- Bake the lemon cake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the lemon cake cool down and Turn out of the tin.
- Mix a lemon glaze from 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 150 g of icing sugar.
- Drop the lemon cake with it and let it set.