Layered beetroot salad with eggs, carrots and peas
In this simple yet beautifully presented dish, the crunchy layer of pickled cucumbers hides beneath the tender layers of cooked carrots, beets and eggs. The ingredients are placed on top of each other so that the individual flavors come into their own. Easily prepared and very filling, it’s the perfect salad for any occasion.
- 2 beets
- 2 carrots
- 5 eggs
- 3-4 pickled cucumbers
- 240 g peas, canned
- 5-6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- Beetroot about 2 hours, carrots about 30 minutes in the boiling water until the vegetables are soft.
- As soon as the vegetables are done, remove from the water.
- Boil the eggs until hard.
- Beetroot, carrots and eggs Allow to cool and peel.
- Roughly grate the vegetables and eggs separately.
- Cut the gherkins into fine strips or cubes and squeeze them out lightly.
- For serving, set aside 2 tablespoons each of beetroot, carrot and eggs.
- Half of all Place ingredients in a deep salad bowl in the following order: cucumber, eggs, carrots, beetroot, mayonnaise, peas.
- Then repeat the layers in the same order.
- Garnish the finished beetroot salad with the vegetable strips, eggs and mayonnaise.
It is best to place the layered salad in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- cutting board
- salad bowl