Lavash bread – homemade flatbreads for snacks or for grilling
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 105 minutes
These soft and thin flatbreads are easy to pan bake. The use is very versatile, depending on your mood. Bake larger batches at once and use them for between-meal snacks or as a base for quick meals.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 12 votes )
- 350 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 180 ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- cling film
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl and make a small indentation in the centre.
- Dissolve the salt in 180 ml of boiling water.
- Pour the hot salted water little by little into the flour indentation while kneading with a fork.
- Then add the vegetable oil and continue kneading with the fork.
- As soon as the dough has cooled down a bit, you can continue kneading it with your hands until it is smooth and elastic.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film and let it rest for approx .Let rest in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Form the dough into a thick roll and cut into 10-12 equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough very thinly and place on a hot, dry skillet, about 30-40 seconds on each side bake.
- Then immediately sprinkle water on both sides of the flatbreads and cover with a cloth towel.