Lasagna with minced meat, cottage cheese – Lasagna without bechamel
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
This is a simplified version of the famous lasagna, but without the béchamel sauce, which is replaced here with soft cottage cheese. But it doesn’t detract from the taste, on the contrary – it tastes just as delicious and juicy. So definitely worth a try!
Please review recipe:
Ø 4.9 out of 5 stars ( 8 votes )
- 225g lasagne sheets
- Salt, to taste
- ½ onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g ground beef
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 800g tomato sauce
- 450g cottage cheese
- 450g grated mozzarella
- paper towel
- cutting board
- casserole dish
- Cook the lasagne sheets in boiling salted water for about 4-5 minutes and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Peel the onion and cut into small cubes.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Onion for 2-3 minutes sauté.
- Add the ground beef, salt and garlic powder and sauté for about 5-7 minutes until the ground beef gets some colour.
- Then add the tomato sauce to the pan, stir, bring to the boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes .
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a casserole dish with the remaining oil.
- Place a third of the lasagne sheets in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Pour a third of the sauce on top, then a third of the cottage cheese and for the Finally, spread a third of the grated cheese on top.
- Repeat these steps two more times.
- Bake the lasagne in the oven at 180° C for approx. 40-50 minutes.
- Dress up with fresh basil leaves before serving.