Kimchi made from spring onions and sesame
This dish is called pha kimchi and is one of the classics of Korean cuisine. It has an incredibly intense taste and is a must for lovers of spicy cuisine. Spring onion and sesame kimchi is very easy to make, just allow enough time to steep. Simply mix the ingredients for the sauce together, pour over the leek and leave to stand. The whole thing can be served just 24 hours later. If you wait two weeks, kimchi will taste even better. It’s worth trying.
- 450 g spring onions
- 1 piece of ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp red pepper flakes, hot
- 4 tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- sesame, to taste
- Rinse the spring onions, dab dry.
- Peel the ginger, grate finely, a teaspoon is enough.
- Peel the garlic, press through a garlic press.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, pepper, fish sauce and sugar together.
- Leek Place in a bowl and pour sauce over.
- Stir well to evenly distribute.
- Cover with a lid.
- Leave at room temperature for about 24 hours.
- Then refrigerate.
- Let cool .
- Sprinkle the kimchi with sesame seeds before serving.
Kimchi tastes even better if left in the fridge for two weeks and only then eaten.
- garlic press