Khinkali – Dumplings filled with minced meat
Khinkali is the calling card of Georgian folk cuisine. This seemingly simple dish is harder to make than it looks. It takes a long time to knead the dough until it becomes elastic, but it’s worth the effort! Juicy, fragrant and incredibly appetizing are the pockets filled with meat and incredibly delicate in taste.
- 1 kg minced meat
- 3 onions
- 1 egg
- 1 kg wheat flour
- parsley, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- For the filling, mix the minced meat with chopped onions, salt, pepper, parsley and 1 glass of warm water.
- Knead the flour in a bowl with 500 ml salted water and egg until the dough is hard.
- Put the dough in Cut into pieces of equal size and roll out into circles.
- Fill with 1 tablespoon of meat filling.
- Roll the dough up from the side and press down segment by segment so that it does not rise during cooking.
- Cook the finished khinkalis in boiling salted water .
- As soon as all dumplings float to the top, continue cooking for 5 minutes and remove with a ladle.
- Place khinkali on a flat plate and serve hot.