Juicy tangerine sour cream cake with chocolate
This tangerine sour cream cake is creamy, fruity and delicious and is simply a winter dream. The soft biscuit and the fresh cream made of sour cream and whipped cream harmonize very well here and are complemented by the sweet and sour citrus fruits.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp water, hot
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 75 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75 g cornflour
- 300 ml whipped cream
- 300 g sour cream , or sour cream
- 1-2 packs of vanilla pudding
- 4-5 tangerines, or clementines
- chocolate, for grating
Prepare the biscuit
- Beat the eggs with hot water for about 1 minute.
- Mix the sugar with the vanilla sugar and gradually add to the eggs while stirring and continue to beat for a further 1-2 minutes until you get a light, creamy mass.
- Flour with the baking powder and Mix the cornstarch and fold into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Line a springform pan with baking paper and fill in the sponge cake.
- Bake the sponge cake for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees and let it cool. Cut the sponge cake in half horizontally so that there are two bases.
Prepare the topping
- Slice the tangerines and peel off the skin.
- Set the 5-6 slices aside and cut the remaining ones into small pieces. Drain the pieces in a sieve.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff, add the sugar, vanilla pudding powder and sour cream or sour cream.
- Mix the cream well.
- Put the tangerine pieces into the cream and add lemon flavor or grated lemon zest, if you like.
- Place the lower sponge base in the springform pan and spread with the cream, cover with the second sponge cake and spread the remaining cream on top.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on the tangerine sour cream cake and top with the tangerine slices that you have put aside.
- The tangerine cake for Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, better overnight.
- food processor
- springform pan
- baking paper
- citrus grater