Juicy roast pork baked in honey sauce
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 195 minutes
This extraordinarily tasty and flavorful meat is sure to be a hit on the holiday table. Very easy to prepare, the meat must be rubbed with the marinade and left to rest for some time. Then baked in the oven, the roast is spread in the meantime with a sauce made from tomatoes, honey and paprika. The result is delicious meat that can be served hot or cold with a salad.
Please review recipe:
- 1200-1300 g roast pork
- ⅔ tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1½ tbsp paprika, smoked
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce, hot
- 1 tbsp honey
- Rinse the pork under running water and pat dry.
- Mix the salt, pepper and a tablespoon of paprika powder together.
- Make small pricks or cuts in the pork and rub in the mixture.
- Place the meat in a bag and seal tightly.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove about 30-40 minutes before baking.
- Place the roast pork in a casserole dish lined with aluminum foil and oiled.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the meat for about 40-50 minutes.
- If the roast is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.
- Mix the tomato sauce with the remaining peppers and honey in a bowl.
- Carefully remove the roast from the oven.
- With Cover with the sauce.
- Cook in the oven for an additional 20-25 minutes.
Depending on the size and thickness of the piece of meat, the preparation time can vary slightly and should therefore be adjusted.
- aluminium foil
- casserole dish