Juicy poppy seed cake with pudding and sprinkles
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
Poppy seed cake with fine crumbles simply tastes irresistible. The preparation is totally simple. Tender shortcrust pastry base, juicy poppy seed filling and crunchy crumbles – guests can be spoiled with this juicy poppy seed cake.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 19 votes )
- 150 g butter, melted
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 g flour
- 120 g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
Poppy seed filling
- 750 ml milk
- 2 packets of custard powder
- 200 g poppy seeds
- 60 g sugar
- 1 egg white
- Hand mixer
- Springform pan
Prepare the dough
- Mix the flour with the sugar and the lemon zest.
- Add the egg yolk and the melted butter and knead everything into crumbles.
- Use half of the crumbles as the dough base.
- Press the dough well in the springform pan.
Prepare the filling
- Take out 2 tablespoons of cold milk and stir in the custard powder until smooth.
- Bring the remaining milk and sugar to the boil.
- Pull the milk from the stove and stir in the custard powder and poppy seeds.
- Everything bring to the boil together and simmer a little.
- Leave the pudding to stand for approx. 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the poppy seed pudding.
- Spread the poppy seed pudding mixture over the crumble base.
- With the Cover with the remaining crumble.
- Bake the poppy seed cake in the oven at 175 degrees for approx. 1 hour.
- Let the poppy seed cake cool down and cut into cake pieces of the same size.
The poppy seed cake can be dusted with powdered sugar before serving.