Juicy lemon cake with poppy seeds, powdered sugar icing and lemon juice
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
This delicious with a topping of powdered sugar icing is soft, moist and simply tastes heavenly. Freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated zest give the cake an incredibly refreshing aroma and the added poppy seeds make it a special treat.
Please review recipe:
- 175 g butter
- 2 lemons, unwaxed
- 225 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 165 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 175 ml milk
- 2 tbsp milk
- 120 ml powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Stir the batter together
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Grease a loaf tin with butter.
- Wash the lemons in hot water and rub them dry.
- Grab the lemon zest with a fine grater.
- Use the lemon juice with a citrus press Press out.
- Sieve the flour, mix with salt and baking powder.
- Beat the soft butter and sugar with a whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Poppy seeds, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and grated lemon zest to the egg-butter mixture and stir.
- Stir in the flour and milk in 2 portions.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180°C for approx. 50- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Take the finished cake out of the oven and let it cool slightly in the tin.
- Then turn it out of the tin and let it cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the icing
- Powder sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk and nd Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a small bowl with a whisk.
- Drift the icing over the lemon cake.
- Sprinkle the lemon cake with poppy seeds and serve with coffee or tea.
The is easily prepared and holds up well 2-3 days fresh. Span>
- kitchen scale
- loaf pan
- citrus juicer
- mixing bowl