Juicy layered salad with potatoes, carrots and salmon
Portions: 3 persons | Preparation: 190 minutes
The juicy layered salad with salmon is a modern twist on the classic Russian salad “Herring under a fur coat.” The usual potatoes and carrots are wonderfully complemented here by lightly salted salmon. Thanks to the beautiful decoration, this salad looks good on a festively set table.
Please review recipe:
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 250 g smoked salmon
- 4-5 sprigs of spring onion
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
- Wash the potatoes and carrots and cook with the skin on. (Potatoes approx. 20-25 minutes, carrots – approx. 25-30 minutes )
- Boil the eggs hard for approx. 10 minutes.
- Let the vegetables and the eggs cool down.
- The vegetables, egg yolks and whites on a coarse grater Grate.
- Cut the salmon into small strips.
- Wash and finely chop the spring onions.
- Prepare a flat plate.
- Place all the prepared ingredients in layers on the plate in this order: potatoes, salmon, spring onions,
- carrots , egg yolk and finally the egg white.
- Spread each layer with mayonnaise.
- Shape everything nicely.
- Leave the finished salad to stand for approx. 1-2 hours (preferably overnight).
- Before serving, add the salad with the strips of salmon and garnish with parsley leaves and enjoy at the feast.
- egg cooker
- cutting board
- salad plate