Juicy layered salad with cod liver, carrots and cheese
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 105 minutes
This Layered Cod Liver Salad is made with just a few ingredients but is super tasty, juicy and filling. The carrots and eggs are boiled and grated, the cheese grated as well, and the chives finely chopped for garnish. All the ingredients are layered, smeared with mayonnaise and the delicious salad is ready!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 2-3 carrots
- 3 eggs
- 80 g cheese
- 1-2 sprigs of chives
- 200 g cod liver, in oil
- Salt, to taste
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Cooking pot
- dining ring
- cutting board
- Boil the carrots for about 25-30 minutes until soft, allow to cool and remove the skin.
- Boil the eggs hard for 10 minutes, rinse with cold water, allow to cool completely and peel.
- Grate the carrots, eggs and cheese on a coarse grater and place separately in small bowls.
- Pour off the liquid from the can with the cod liver.
- Put the liver in a small bowl and mash with a fork so that no large pieces remain.
- Wash the chives, dab dry and chop finely.
- The salad is layered, placing a dish ring on a flat plate.
- The bottom layer is laid out with carrots, followed by cod liver and eggs.
- Season each layer with a little salt and spread with mayonnaise.
- Finally comes the cheese , which is not spread with mayonnaise.
- Let the layered salad sit in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Before serving, loosen the ring and decorate the salad with chopped chives.
- Serve the salad with bread.