Juicy goose legs with apples and cloves in the oven
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
Goose legs with apples and cloves are a great alternative to the classic roast! The finely seasoned impress with their tender meat and crispy skin and are perfect for a celebratory meal.
Please review recipe:
- 6 goose legs
- 20 apples, medium
- Salt to taste
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp currant jelly
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cutting board
- tea filter
- Wash the goose legs, rub salt inside and out.
- Peel the apples, core, cut into eighths and place in an ovenproof casserole dish or roasting dish.
- Place the goose legs on top and pour in a cup of water.
- In the oven 180-200 degrees.
- When the goose legs are browned, turn the oven temperature down to 160 degrees.
- Cast the legs with the cooking fat every 5-10 minutes.
- Let the goose legs bake for about 2-3 hours.
- Stir the sauce before serving.
For the sauce
- Pour the roast stock through a sieve into a saucepan.
- Pour in the chicken stock and 100 ml of water.
- Stir in the currant jelly.
- Pour the bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves into a tea filter and add to the sauce.
- Approx. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the starch with approx. 4 tablespoons of water.
- Stir this into the boiling sauce and simmer while stirring for approx. 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the goose legs at Christmas .