Juicy Christmas cake fir tree with icing
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 65 minutes
A simple sponge cake with a little cinnamon and orange flavor can be wonderfully conjured up with a sugar glaze, sugar pearls and chocolate sprinkles to create a delicious .
Please review recipe:
- 60 g butter
- 60 g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 5 g food coloring, green
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Orange zest
- 80-100 g powdered sugar
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 5 g food colouring, green
- 2 tbsp chocolate sprinkles
- 2 tsp sugar pearls, or sprinkles
- 16 Smarties, small chocolate beans
- 1 cinnamon star
- hand mixer
- baking pan
- kitchen brush
- Mix the butter with the sugar, pinch of salt, cinnamon and orange zest.
- Stir in the egg.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and sift into the butter mixture.
- Mix everything together to form a smooth dough.
- Green food coloring Stir in.
- Grease a baking tin and dust with flour.
- Pour the batter into the tin and spread evenly.
- Bake the Christmas tree cake at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down and remove from the tin .
- Mix the icing sugar, water and green food coloring into an icing.
- Drop the Christmas tree cake with the green icing.
- Decorate the fir tree with sugar pearls and Smarties as you like.
- Top the fir trunk with chocolate sprinkles.
- Finally put a cinnamon star on the Christmas cake and let the glaze set.