Juicy carrot cake with nuts and cream – Easter cake with carrots
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
The orange root vegetables look great in the carrot cake. A very easy and quick recipe that requires little effort. The Easter cake tastes crunchy with the nuts and super juicy and aromatic with the carrots.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 handful of nuts
- 250g sour cream
- 30g Sugar
- hand mixer
- measuring cup
- baking dish
- cake divider
- kitchen spatula
- Beat the eggs until fluffy.
- Add the sugar and continue beating.
- Stir in the grated carrots.
- Add the cornmeal to the carrot cake batter.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Mix in the nuts.
- All at once mix until the batter is even.
- Bake the carrot cake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Make a test with a wooden skewer!
- Let the carrot cake cool down.
- If you like, cut it in half horizontally.
- Mix the sour cream with the sugar and first add the Spread it over the cake base.
- Place the top cake lid on top and spread with the remaining cream.
- Leave the carrot cake in the fridge overnight.