Juicy baked chicken thighs with lemon and olives
These convince everyone with their taste. Lightly seared and baked in the oven in the sour sauce, the chicken tastes tender and juicy. Thyme, garlic and paprika give the dish a special flavor.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 4 votes )
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 lemons
- 1-2 sprigs thyme
- 80g olives
- 1-2 tsp paprika, ground
- 250 ml chicken stock, or water
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Then place in the pan skin-side down.
- Fry the chicken thighs for 6 to 7 minutes and turn to the other side .
- Add the whole peeled garlic cloves.
- Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the thighs and place on a plate.
- Cut the onion into half rings, one lemon into thin slices.
- Chop the thyme.
- Slice the olives.
- Add the onions, lemon, thyme and olives to the pan.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle with paprika.
- Fry for 4-6 minutes.
- Squeeze the citrus juice from the second lemon .
- Pour the broth and lemon juice into the pan.
- Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish.
- Pour over the prepared sauce.
- At 180°C for about 25-35 minutes bake.
- If the pan you use is suitable for the oven, the chicken and the Just put the garlic back in the pan.
- Place the oven-safe pan in the oven.
- The baked chicken thighs make a great accompaniment to a side dish like rice.
- frying pan
- lemon squeezer
- cutting board
- casserole dish