Juicy apple strudel with almonds and pears made from puff pastry
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
The juicy filling of apples and pears, covered in crispy puff pastry, is a real treat. It tastes fantastic with almonds and cinnamon.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 450 g puff pastry
- 3 apples, e.g. Boskop or Elstar
- 1 pear
- 30 g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk, for brushing
- cutting board
- rolling pin
- kitchen brush
- icing sugar shaker
- Peel and core the apples and pears.
- Dice the fruit.
- Mix the fruit, almonds, honey and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour.
- Roll out the dough thinly.
- The Spread the filling on top, leaving the edges free.
- Roll the dough into a roll.
- Place the apple strudel on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Whisk the egg yolk in a small bowl.
- Grush the strudel with the egg yolk.
- Make a few cross-sections in the dough.
- Bake the apple strudel for 30-40 minutes at 200°C.
- You can sprinkle the apple strudel with powdered sugar and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.