Japanese sushi rice rolls with salmon, rice vinegar and nori leaves
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
These sushi rice rolls with salmon and nori are a traditional Japanese dish. However, they are also very easy and simple to prepare at home. Simply spread the cooked sushi rice on nori sheets, top with salmon and roll up tightly using a sushi mat or a tea towel. The homemade sushi rice rolls taste delicious and even cook novices succeed.
Please review recipe:
- 250 g rice, sushi rice
- 270-280 ml water
- 25 ml rice vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp sugar
- 200-250 g salmon, lightly salted or smoked
- 5 nori sheets
- Place the rice in a colander and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook the rice for approx. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and let the rice soak for another 15 minutes.
- It is best to use sushi rice for the sushi rolls.
- Mix the rice vinegar in a small bowl with the salt and sugar using the whisk until the sugar and salt have completely dissolved.
- Pour over the rice.
- Mix with a wooden or plastic spoon and leave to cool.
- Cut the salmon into long pieces.
- Wrap the sushi mat with cling film.
- Cut the nori sheet in half, place each one with the smooth side down on the mat.
- Spread 1/5 part of the rice on it.
- Leave about 1 cm of space without rice on the top side.
- Moisten the free nori strip with a little water.
- Put 1/5 part of the salmon on the rice.
- Using the Su Form the shimatte into a tight roll.
- Glue the moist end of the leaf to the roll.
- Cut the roll into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Prepare the remaining sushi rolls in the same way.
- Place the sushi rice rolls with salmon on a platter.
- Serve sushi rice rolls with soy sauce or pickled ginger.
It is best to spread the rice on the nori sheets with your fingers. To do this, mix water with vinegar in a bowl and dip your fingers.
- kitchen scale
- measuring cup
- wooden or plastic spoon
- cutting board
- sushi mat