Italian fish soup with peppers, celery, tomatoes and herbs
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
The preparation of these is done in a few minutes and brings back memories of the sea and vacation. Roasted vegetables, tender fish fillets, a little white wine and lemon juice are the secret of why this fish soup tastes so rich and intense.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, small
- 120ml dry white wine
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 500-600 ml chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 600 g tomato passata
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 450-500 g cod fillets, or other fish
- herbs, to taste
- cutting board
- citrus press
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into small pieces.
- Wash and dice the celery sticks.
- Wash the peppers, remove the seeds and cut into fine strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Onions for approx. 5-6 Sauté for minutes.
- Add the peppers, celery and garlic and sauté for another 5-6 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon using the citrus juicer.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, Italian herbs, salt and pepper to the saucepan.
- Stir everything and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then pour in the chicken broth.
- Then add the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir well and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse the fish with cold water and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- After the cooking time is up, add the fish to the soup.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle the fish soup with chopped herbs and enjoy.