Italian apple pie with lemon and vanilla
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
Soft apple pie with a light scent of citrus fruits and vanilla will delight everyone. With this simple recipe, a delicious one is conjured up, just like from a Sicilian baker.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 3-4 apples
- ½ lemon
- 3 eggs
- 140 g sugar
- 120 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Baking pan
- Cutting board
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 23 cm round baking tin with baking paper.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut half of the apples into small cubes and the other half into thin wedges.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar in a bowl and beat with a mixer until stiff and light foam.
- Add the olive oil and vanilla extract and stir in with the whisk until smooth.
- Gredet the flour little by little while stirring gently Pour the egg mixture.
- Add the baking powder and salt and work everything into a smooth dough.
- Add the diced apples and lemon zest to the dough and mix everything well.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking dish.
- Place the apple pieces on the dough.
- Bake the apple pie for about 30-40 minutes.
Olive oil should not be overly flavored for this recipe.