Hot mulled wine with oranges, cloves, cinnamon and honey
The hot summer is over – it’s time for a warming drink – mulled wine! The hot orange flavored with Christmassy spices makes an evening cozy.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 2 votes )
- 750 ml red wine, dry
- 1 orange
- 8 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2-4 tbsp honey, or sugar
- Pour red wine into a saucepan and heat but do not boil.
- Add the sliced orange, cloves, cinnamon sticks, star anise, sugar, or honey and stir.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Or leave the mulled wine to steep for 15 minutes over a low heat with the lid closed.
- Strain the mulled wine and serve hot in glass cups.
- Mixing spoon
- Glass cups