Hot fried mozzarella sticks with Parmesan breading
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 92 minutes
Melted cheese in a crunchy coating of breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan – is very tasty and filling. Hot fried mozzarella sticks are a more appetizing snack than you can imagine. Once you try this recipe, you will definitely make it again and again.
Please review recipe:
- 450 g mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1¹⁄₂ cup breadcrumbs
- ¹⁄₂ cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¹⁄₂ tsp salt
- Italian herbs, to taste
- vegetable oil, approx. 500-1000 ml for frying
- Cut the mozzarella into 16 cheese sticks, 8-9 cm long.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk.
- For the breading: In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and herbs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- First dip the mozzarella sticks in the egg mixture.
- Then turn them in the breading.
- Repeat this process and place on the baking sheet.
- Next place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Pour the oil into a large saucepan.
- Heat the oil to a temperature of 180-185°C.
- Insert 5-6 mozzarella sticks at a time for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn gently halfway through so that they brown on all sides.
- Remove the mozzarella sticks and place on a plate covered with paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Serve the fried mozzarella sticks hot with sweet chili sauce.
If a thermometer is not available, a small piece of bread can be dipped in the hot oil. If the oil bubbles all around, you can start frying.
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Cooking thermometer