Honey cake with lemon cream for children’s birthday party
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 885 minutes
This recipe turns the classic honey cake into a birthday cake. Several layers of dough are layered with an aromatic lemon cream. The honey cake is decorated with a beach and the sea and themed with different toppings.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 115 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 p. Baking powder
- 4.5 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 230g butter
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 100-150g whipping cream, cold
- Blue food coloring
- Glitter powder, optional
- Cookies, shell-shaped
- Fondant, red and white
- Decorative sprinkles, optional
- hand mixer
- food processor
- 2 cocktail umbrellas
- serving platter
Bake the dough bases
- Put the sugar, honey and butter in a saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat until it caramelizes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the baking powder.
- Mix the honey mixture in a thin bowl Add beam.
- Let the honey-butter-egg mixture cool down a bit.
- Add the flour and work everything into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 portions.
- Roll out each piece lightly, then into one Place a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 175-180°C for 15 minutes.
- Cut the pastry bases to size, cutting away the edges.
- Mix the pastry edges into crumbs in a food processor.
Prepare the cream
- The milk Pour into a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, but do not bring to a boil.
- Add the flour in batches to the milk and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Remove the milk mixture from the heat and continue to stir, it should thicken a little.
- In egg In another bowl, mix the butter and a cup of sugar together until the cream has a light colour.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Stir the cooled milk mixture into the beaten buttercream on the mixer on low.
- The finished cream for Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the cake together
- Place the first layer of pastry on a serving plate.
- Spread the cream evenly over it.
- Proceed in the same way with the remaining layers of dough.
- Spread the crumble topping on top of the cake , leaving one corner free.
- Leave the honey cake to stand in the fridge overnight.
- Dye the cold whipped cream blue with a little food coloring.
- Apply the cream to the free corner of the cake as “sea water”.
- After Dust the sea water with some glitter powder if desired.
- Sprinkle with sugar sprinkles.
- Top with mussel biscuits.
- Form a swimming ring out of the red and white fondant.
- With cocktail umbrellas en decorate and serve with birthday candles.