Homemade lahmacun with minced lamb
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
Homemade lahmacun tastes no less delicious than the store-bought. Homemade thin yeast dough flat cakes, deliciously seasoned minced lamb and with a fresh topping of tomatoes, cucumbers and onions, a lahmacun tastes wonderfully appetizing and delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1/2 cube of yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 500 g flour
- Salt, to taste
- 3 onions
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- parsley, to taste
- 250g minced lamb
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches of chili flakes
- 1 tsp paprika, sweet
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 red onions
- hand mixer with dough hook
- cutting board
- rolling pin
- baking paper
Prepare the yeast dough
- Dissolve the yeast in 10 ml of lukewarm water.
- Add the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Gradually pour in 340 ml of water and sift the flour.
- Use the dough hook of the hand mixer to knead everything into a smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for approx. 45 minutes.
- Peel the onions and grate them coarsely with 2 tomatoes.
- Chop the peppers very finely.
- Peel the garlic and chop finely with the parsley.
- Mix the minced lamb well with the oil, paprika and tomato paste.
- Add the grated onions with tomatoes, paprika, garlic and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Season with thyme, cumin, chili and paprika powder.
- 4 Finely slice the tomatoes, cucumber and red onions.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces.
- Roll out each piece on a floured work surface to a diameter of approx. 20 cm.
- Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with baking paper lined baking sheet l egen.
- Spread with the mince paste and bake in the preheated oven at 200 °C for about 10 minutes.
- Continue in the same way with the other pieces of dough.
- Top the baked flatbread with tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions and eat warm.
- Tzatziki can be served with the lahmacun.
Prepare the mince paste
Prepare the lahmacun