Herring salad with beetroot and caviar
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 190 minutes
certain amount of time is needed for this delicious herring salad with beetroot and caviar. Vegetables are first boiled and then chopped. Layered in a bowl, the appetizer is hearty and filling. Caviar is added to the classic recipe so that the taste unfolds in a completely new way. After a few hours in the refrigerator, the individual layers are infused, so that this dish is fully convincing in terms of taste.
Please review recipe:
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1-2 carrots
- 1-2 beets
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 herring fillets, salted
- 1 onion
- mayonnaise, to taste
- 180-200 g caviar
- Place the potatoes, carrots and beetroot in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Cook the vegetables for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the bulbs.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool, peel.
- Boil the eggs hard for about 10 minutes.
- Let them cool, peel.
- Cut the herring into small pieces.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Roughly grate the potatoes, carrots, eggs and beetroot.
- Plate the potatoes on the bottom Place in a salad bowl.
- Flatten a little, cover with mayonnaise.
- Spread the herring on top.
- Sprinkle onions on top, add a little more mayonnaise.
- Place eggs on top, brush with caviar and mayonnaise.
- Grated carrots on top of the salad Spread out, cover with mayonnaise.
- Then put beetroot on top, add mayonnaise.
- Put the finished salad in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Take the herring salad out of the fridge and serve as a starter or snack.
Onions with a mild taste or chives are best suited for the salad.
- cutting board
- salad bowl