Hearty puff pastry with tomatoes and basil
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 25 minutes
Puff pastry tomato bites is a super tasty snack for a party! The puff pastry is quick to prepare and tastes crispy and at the same time juicy and aromatic thanks to the tomatoes.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 1 packet of puff pastry, fresh
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp milk, for brushing
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp tomato salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
- 1-2 Stems of basil leaves
- pizza roller
- baking brush
- cutting board
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut squares with a pizza roller.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices and place them on the puff pastry squares.
- Grush the edges of the squares with a little milk.
- Bake the puff pastry in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 12-15 minutes .
- Squeeze the garlic clove and mix with the tomato salt and basil in the olive oil.
- Spread the tomatoes on the puff pastry squares with garlic oil.
- Garnish with the basil leaves and serve.
The puff pastry tomato squares taste warm or cold and are the perfect party snack! The hearty puff pastry can also be topped with chives instead of garlic.