Hearty potato cake with mushrooms, potatoes and onions
A simple savory one with an incredibly flavorful filling. With mushrooms, potatoes and onions, the cake is flavorful and filling. The dough with kefir is ready in a short time and can also be prepared by inexperienced cooks.
- 600-700 g potatoes
- 1-2 onions
- 500 g butter mushrooms, cooked, or other wild mushrooms
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 500 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 160 g butter
- 250 ml kefir
- 1 – 2 egg yolks, for brushing
Prepare the filling
- Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes.
- Once they cool, remove the peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
- In a frying pan, use vegetable oil heat.
- Fry the onions for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Then mix with the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper .
Prepare the dough
- For the dough, mix about 250 g of sifted flour with the baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and rub until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Pour in the kefir and the mixture stir well.
- Add the remaining flour in batches.
- You might need a little more or less flour.
- Knead a soft, elastic, non-sticky dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for half an hour Allow to rise.
- Divide the dough into two portions of about ⅔ or a little less.
- Wrap the smaller portion of the dough in cling film and set aside.
- Roll out the larger portion of dough into a thin patty.
- Place the dough in a round baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Distribute the filling evenly.
- Keep a little distance from the edges.
- For a moister and tastier cake, spread a few knobs of butter on the filling.
- The rest of the dough also roll out thinly.
- Place this piece of dough on the filling and seal the edges tightly.
- Grush the cake with lightly beaten egg yolk.
- Make a small hole in the middle or a few indentations in the cake.
- Make the potato cake approx .Bake at 200°C for 45-50 minutes.
- cutting board
- frying pan
- rolling pin
- round shallow baking tin
- kitchen brush