Hearty pasta casserole with minced meat, pumpkin and tomato sauce
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
The classic casserole combination of ground beef, thick tomato sauce, pasta and cheese is joined by sweet and aromatic chunks of pumpkin. This creates an unusual that the whole family will enjoy.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 2 tsp olive oil, + some for brushing
- 250g pumpkin
- 1 carrot
- 50g hard cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 200g pasta
- Salt, to taste
- 300g minced beef
- 390g tomatoes, in its own juice
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- casserole dish
- cutting board
- frying pan
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Grease a deep casserole dish with olive oil.
- Cut the pumpkin into thin pieces.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Rub the carrots and cheese.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces.
- Pasta in salted water Cook until al dente and drain.
- Reserve about 2-3 tablespoons of the pasta water and set aside.
- Cook the pumpkin in boiling water for 5-7 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Drain in a colander.
- Oil in in a skillet.
- Fry the ground beef over high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the carrots and garlic to the ground beef, stir and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and pasta cooking water to the pan.
- Bring the whole thing to a boil, season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the pasta, mix with the sauce and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Scatter the pumpkin pieces on top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the Kr uste becomes crispy.
- Take the pasta casserole out of the oven and serve immediately.