Hearty minced meat soup with potatoes, vegetables and chickpeas
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
This hearty one is made from minced lamb with chickpeas and vegetables. The spices such as cumin, coriander, paprika powder and cinnamon give it an intense aroma. The soup tastes best with freshly chopped herbs and a dollop of sour cream.
Please review recipe:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 600g Chickpeas, canned
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes, canned
- 2-3 Potatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 1L Beef Stock, or Water
- 1 bunch of spinach, small
- Sour cream, to taste
- Herbs, to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Peel the onion, cut into small pieces and sauté for approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Peel the garlic and press through the garlic press.
- Add to the onions and cook for a further minute.
- Add the minced lamb and fry everything together for about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir every now and then so that no large pieces form.
- Sprinkle in the cumin, coriander, paprika powder, cinnamon powder and salt, stir and cook for a further 1-2 minutes .
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the tomato paste to the saucepan and stir in.
- After 1-2 minutes, add the chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, potatoes and carrots to the saucepan. Pour in the meat stock and bring to the boil.
- Then reduce the heat and cover and let the minced meat soup simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wash the spinach, pat dry and chop finely.
- Add the spinach to the soup and after about 1- Remove from the heat for 2 minutes.
- Chop the herbs and sprinkle over the soup.
- Serve the minced meat soup with sour cream.
- cutting board
- garlic press